School & Group Cooking field trips
A Fun, Hands-On, Educational, and Interactive Experience for Schools, Groups, and Troops!
Bring your troop, earn those badges and you’ll have the perfect, step-by-step recipe for a memorable field trip!
- Snacks Badge for Brownies: Learn how to prepare yummy snacks for friends and family in our kitchen. Snacks give us energy to think, play and do our favorite activities.
- Simple Meals Badge for Juniors: In this class, scouts will learn to make, plate and serve an entire meal from scratch.
- New Cuisines Badge for Cadets: Get ready to travel the globe on a culinary adventure for your taste buds. Cook and learn a meal from a different country and earn your New Cuisine Badge.
- Girl Scout Fun Patches: Let’s have some fun with food and even add a pinch of friendly competition!
At Budding Chef, our goal is to ignite a passion for cooking, creativity, and learning in young minds. Budding Chefs will embark on an exciting journey filled with valuable lessons and life skills.
Through fun and engaging recipes, we aim to spark a lasting interest in cooking and a lifelong appreciation for the culinary arts.
- Students will develop their creativity by experimenting with various ingredients, flavors, and presentation techniques.
- Hands-on experience boosts their confidence in the kitchen, making them comfortable with cooking tasks.
- Explore with different foods and help them understand the importance of balanced and nutritious choices.
- Learn measurements, mixing, and basic cooking techniques fostering valuable life skills
- Teamwork – working together and cooperating with others to get to an end goal.
- Explore diverse cuisines introducing them to different cultures and traditions.
- Measuring, pouring, and decorating enhancing their fine motor skills and hand-eye coordination.
- Foster independence by creating their meals from scratch and following recipes.
- Celebrating achievements and tasting their creations fosters a sense of independence and camaraderie.
Frequently Asked Questions
Learn How it Works!
Do you make accommodations for food allergies or dietary restrictions?
Please know that we are NOT an allergy-free or nut-free facility. Remember, while the recipes can be modified, we are not an allergy-free facility for modified ingredients. We do, however, have the ability to cater an ENTIRE event to accommodate different dietary needs/restrictions, including gluten-free, dairy-free, egg-free, and vegan. For your safety, individual adjustments cannot be made at an event that is open to the public. Please contact us if you have any questions or concerns.
What should kids wear?
Keep those piggies covered! Closed-toe shoes are preferred, and ponytails or hair pulled back. We will have aprons available, but kids should wear comfortable clothing that can get messy.
What is your cancellation/rescheduling policy?
Please know that we do not offer refunds. If you cannot be in attendance at your scheduled event, a request must be received within 5 days prior to your event. Following this procedure, we will issue a credit for use on a future date, minus a 10% fee. After the 48-hour window, you may send a sibling or friend in your child’s absence; however, no refund or credit will be issued.
Give the Gift of Food & Fun
Budding Chef Gift Cards are the perfect gift for anyone who enjoys food, cooking, and having a great time. That should be just about everyone!